Catrin Davies has over twenty years’ experience supporting career development and transition, and is registered on the
UK Professional Register of Career Development practitioners.
She has worked from Berlin, Turin and Brussels to Madagascar and Kenya, and is now re-established back in UK.
Catrin founded and ran Kenya’s first, highly successful, career guidance consultancy, working with mid-career professionals, from diplomats and accompanying partners to consultants, teachers, humanitarian workers and bankers.
As college counsellor for the Foundation of Kenya’s largest bank, she supported an increase of successful scholarship applications to US Ivy League colleges from four Kenyan students to over thirty five per annum, outperforming elite UK public schools, despite over 80% of our students being first in their family to attend university, – and for over half, the first in their family to finish secondary schooling.
She has worked on higher education and employability issues for the European Union and the European Training Foundation and has over ten years in careers roles in UK universities. Her employability projects have been nominated for the Queen’s Anniversary Prize (UK universities’ honours list) and the Lord Mayor of London’s Dragon Award for Social Regeneration.
Values and Professionalism
Catrin is a Registered Career Development Professional (UK Register number: 564321).
She works to the Career Development Institute’s Code of Ethics, which are also published here
She has worked
- with small NGOs in Bosnia/Croatia in the immediate post-conflict period;
- with local development workers in Madagascar;
- on developing a major livelihoods project for a Kenyan high security prison, which won UK government funding;
- and served on the Board of a Nobel laureate NGO.
She studied in Germany, France and UK.
In 2015 she was recognised as Fellow of the UK’s Higher Education Academy for her work on online career development learning.
- Postgraduate Diploma Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance in Higher Education (Distinction) – University of Reading, UK
- BA (Hons) German Studies (First Class) – University of Manchester, UK
- MA European & Comparative Literary Studies (Distinction; British Academy Studentship) – University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
Catrin is also a mum of teenagers, a former returning volunteer and ex-expat.
She understands about wobbles of relocation in part because she’s been there too.
Of course, if you choose to get in contact, our work together isn’t about me, but about you.
But it’s my experience that depth of insight matters too, and you can count on that with WorkChanges.